quinta-feira, 28 de fevereiro de 2008

Projeto Entreterritórios será apresentado no Fórum Internacional de Danza Contemporânea Y Artes do Movimiento

Concepts and ideas around Entreterritórios project:

Appropriation is a word that can be articulated alongside the word territory: the way I inhabit a place, make myself comfortable or not, how I act in relation to the conditions around me, and how I relate to them. Another aspect from the same concept usually mentioned is domination which invokes power structures more strongly. In both cases, social, economic, cultural and political aspects are part of the understanding of this concept.

Dance is a procedure for encountering the world. Encountering here as in touching, not only literally by the contact of the skin but all the senses, including vision. When I look at someone the act of looking is a way of touching, meeting the person.

These two philosophers, Felix Guatarri and Gilles Deleuze, have been inspiring our work. First because of the way they complexify the concept of territory, and also because they take into consideration, the circumstance around something. Territory not only as a location in space but its relational aspects, the situations created by establishing relationship.
For Deleuze (2006), touching the world is a desire for understanding and being in contact – specifically touch, with the circumstance of something.
We have been watching, in this project, the circumstance of the body-environment relationship and how it relates to the dance within the body as a possibility to help to clarify the relational logic the body carries and uses, while dancing.

Guatarri and Deleuze, engage two movements to the concept of territory: deterritoralization – a spatial and temporal dislocation that is also in the conditions of existance of a person or of a group of people, which deconstruct ways of being. Deterritorialization can be thought of in a major scale when huge groups of people are relocated from their “territories” in order to survive due to conditions such as war or drought. Here I relate more to a minor scale like the transitioning of the body to get to Salinas in Argentina, to dance or to producce a videodance: the dizziness, the stomach ache, and so on.
The other movement is reterritorialization, a processes that happens simutaneously to the deterritorialization when we are testing our own territories of understanding, of sensing and acting, of touching the world.

For me this is like the continual adjustmenting within the body that takes place while I am testing my own relational logic. As I move in relation to something, as I bring myself to an activated focus, this can suddenly bring me to a more accurate perception of what I am doing… and how. This reflects my pattern. A moment comes when I have the chance to choose a different way. Even if the difference doesn’t come… but the register of seeing something that was until now in the shadow, can prepare the body and the dance within the body to act with a new sensory-motor skill. This gives us opportunity to rearrange and reframe a proposal

Um comentário:

tom reikdal disse...

positive vibration....

kisses

tom